Back in September, I put together a post listing fifteen songs that are dear to my heart. I thought of maybe doing a regular #MusicMonday segment weekly if it proved popular, but the list never really seemed to resonate with anyone other than myself. That’s totally okay though: the entire idea was to share music that makes my own heart sing.
Today I’ve decided to give the list a little bit of a follow-up. I’ve compiled fifteen more songs that I love below, but this time I’ve selected them entirely from recent records. Consider it my attempt to stay relevant if you want, but it’s also my way of sharing new music that I’ve completely fallen for. If these songs don’t define 2017 for you, know that they certainly have for me so far! So without further adieu…
- “Wish I Knew You” by The Revivalists – The top comment on the music video describes my feelings towards this song perfectly:
Somebody better go find me some toast, ’cause this is my fuckin’ JAM!
– YouTube user blueslove61
- “Angela” by The Lumineers – It’s practically impossible not to love this band at this point. And this might be one of their most beautiful songs yet.
- “Water Under the Bridge” by Adele – An uptempo heartbreak from Adele? YES, PLEASE!
- “Want You Back” by HAIM – HAIM is honestly one of the most underrated bands in the industry right now. This new jam from them is superb.
- “Hard Times” by Paramore – It took a minute for me to warm up to Paramore’s new sound, but honestly? Where Hayley Williams leads, I will follow!
- “Everything Now” by Arcade Fire – I’ve never been too big of a fan of Arcade Fire, but as the kids say, this ’70s-style single is “lit AF!”
- “The Man” by The Killers – I mean, I don’t go anywhere as far as music is concerned without The Killers. So this brand new single was required reading!
- “The Night We Met” by Lord Huron – To say this song is “hauntingly beautiful” would be an understatement.
- “Green Light” by Lorde – Maybe one of my most-played songs so far this summer and absolutely my favorite Lorde has released thus far!
- “Shine” by Mondo Cozmo – A beautiful folk rock prayer to Jesus doesn’t sound like it’d be amazing, but it is in every way.
- “I Feel It Coming” by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk – An ’80s-style slow jam with the golden touch of Daft Punk!
- “Your Song” by Rita Ora – How is this woman not a massive pop star in the United States yet? Seriously!
- “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles – Yep, that Harry Styles. I finally decided to give him a listen after urging from several fans. It surprisingly doesn’t disappoint!
- “Human” by Rag’n’Bone Man – The trailer for The Inhumans had nothing to do with this, I swear!
- “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee – Sorry, haters. I really couldn’t get away with not including what is undoubtedly the Song of the Summer on this mix! Don’t understand a bit of it, but it’s definitely the jam!
Thoughts or comments about my selection? Want to share your favorites? Leave a comment in the new-and-improved comment section below!