It has almost been a month since my last post. I’m aware of that and I apologize. I also apologize that this first post you’re about to read after such a good length of time is bullet-style if you’re not into that kind of thing. I’ve actually tried writing a few different times and actually still have half a dozen unpublished drafts of blog posts still hanging out in my Evernote account. Life has just been completely crazy busy lately. And you know it’s crazy when I don’t even hardly have the time to sit down and really organize my thoughts and feelings.
Thankfully, this first semester of school will be over in a little less than a month and I’ll gain about half of my free time back for at least the summer months. That also means that I’ll be doing my absolute best again to keep this place flowing with fresh content. But don’t worry about this blog going the way of all my others. It’s not going to start collecting dust or just suddenly disappear off of the internet.
Why, you may ask? Well, perhaps because the most exciting announcement that I have is that I recently renewed AlmostEpic.net’s domain registration for ANOTHER TWO YEARS!!!!!! Yes! Not one but TWO years! That means that this site isn’t going anywhere until at least 2019. I’m really trying to commit to this space. And hopefully, if you register for an account and join me (if you haven’t already!), you can get a slice of that pie and make a little bit of this space yours as well. It’s fast and easy and you can even sign up with an existing Facebook account with the simple click of a button! It’s never been so convenient! 🙂
Now without further interruption, here’s the tofu* and potatoes update of it all:
- Work & School. This is a potent combo that is pretty lethal to most people, especially if you overdo it. Thankfully, I don’t know that I’ve been “overdoing it,” but I definitely think that I overestimated my ability to do well at both simultaneously. The quality of my work and my grades have both slipped a little and I’m honestly not happy about it. I’ve been legitimately exhausted. This is probably the first time in my life where I’ve felt like I couldn’t even take a nap on my weekends because “ain’t nobody got time for that!” But of course, I do have time and I’m trying to better utilize some of the skills that I learned in my student success class — primarily the skills about stress and time management. So I’ve started trying to plan better and making all the planning and structuring tools at my disposal more of a priority. Though that in itself has turned into another time-consuming monster…
- Hobbies. In the last post that I wrote, sharing all of the permanent contents of my messenger bag, I briefly made mention of the “planner community” when discussing my little cat agenda. I was unaware at the time that said community even existed. They probably wouldn’t accept me as one of their own because I was pretty neglectful of it. Well, apparently times have changed. I purchased a PandaPlanner that I have been having way too much fun with. I have an entire desk drawer filled to the brim now with stickers, stencils, stamps, ink pads, washi tape, and more. And that’s not even taking into account the brush pens, gel pens, felt pens, and much more that I’ve made an investment into. I even recently made my first purchases ever at Hobby Lobby. I also transformed my green journal book into a kind of hybrid Bullet Journal. These activities have also segued into an interest in other hobbies but I’ll likely be waiting to explore those in further detail this summer. I’m already feeling like a little bit of a crazy person, after all!
- Homestead. Our living arrangement has changed slightly! This weekend my nephew is finally making the move back out to Kansas to live with his parents again. It’s a little sad because I felt like we were just starting to get along again after a major blowout a couple of months ago. We even recently took him down for some fun in Brown County last weekend as a kind of “farewell” tour (see photo!). But it’s good because my sister and brother-in-law have really missed him and could use a hand around their own house. And to be honest, I don’t think anyone would complain about having a little added room to work with, am I right? He’s just now moving this weekend but hopefully everything will wind up changing for the best.
- Other Notes. 13 Reasons Why is easily one of the best new Netflix series so far. It would be nice if they came back for additional seasons but I think I’ll be okay if they don’t. They told the story of the book it was based on in its entirety and I’m worried that going on for too long without that kind of guidance might derail it a little. Then again, I think Game of Thrones has started going off-book now as well and it seems like people still love it. Who knows? I think I’ll enjoy whatever the future brings for this group though.
- Cat Corner. Tigger and Rufus are still beautiful and healthy as always. They just recently celebrated National Pet Day and Rufus will be celebrating his very first birthday towards the end of the month! If you haven’t already, feel free to follow them on Facebook for all their latest updates!
- Anniversary. Almost Epic turns one year old this month! Happy birthday to my favorite little website and blog ever!!! We’re celebrating with our NEW LOGOS!!! You can find them emblazoned throughout the entire site. Check it out!
* “Tofu and potatoes” instead of “meat and potatoes,” for my fellow vegetarian folk. 😉
Now that we’re all updated, everyone sound off and update me on what’s happening with YOU in the comments below or in the forums!